HIGH CONCEPT: I HAVE THE SIGIL. I MAY BE NEW, BUT I AM THE MASTER OF THE STORM.
TROUBLE: SOMEONE HAS IT OUT FOR MY FAMILY AND THEY CAME IN RED AND GREEN
RACIAL/REGIONAL: WAELUND WILL BE MISSED
I AM THE ONLY MAGICAL OFFSPRING OF THE NOBLE TEGWAREDS
I AM A SPONGE FOR KNOWLEDGE AND KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
GRAY AS THE STORM, STRONG AS THE STORM
OATH: BY THE SIGIL, NOT THE OATH
- SUPURB +5: Wizardry (storm)
- GREAT +4: Profession [translator], Languages
- GOOD +3: Lore [storm magic], Lore [Waelund History], Profession [scribe]
- FAIR +2: Profession [messenger], Rapport, Resources, Physique
- AVERAGE +1: Lore [heraldry and noble houses], Lore [planar lore], Lore [plants and herbs], Lore [politics], Profession [librarian], Lore [Faerie lore], Resolve
Languages : Waelish, Barutheran, Draconic, Illiaani, Celestial, Abyssal and Common. He is also Literate.
~ MAXIMUM REFRESH: 7
~ CURRENT REFRESH: 1
Quickfire (Magic) (-1)
You can both use a power and perform another action in a single exchange, such as attacking with a weapon and casting a spell. The difficulty for each attempted action is 2 higher; if one roll fails, so does the other. This allows two full actions, as long as one is a spell; see also Supplemental Actions
Linguist (Languages) (-1) Requires at least three ranks in Languages
Normally, someone may only speak a number of additional languages equal to their Languages skill level. With this stunt, the character may speak five additional languages. This stunt may be taken multiple times.
Magical Genius: Storm Magic [Specialization: Lightning] (-1)
You’re an acknowledged authority in a specific field of magical knowledge, such as the Internection, enchantments, magical creatures, and so on. You must have a power skill associated with that field. Even if your skill level is low, it just means you’re towards the bottom of the elite circles of your field. You receive a +1 bonus to any Lore or similar skill rolls pertaining to your field. Additionally, pick a specialization within your field (like fire demons, the Plane of Sorrow, or Faerie Enchantments); the skill bonus is +2 for that specialization, and research efforts resolve one time increment faster.
Gift of Tongues (-1) (Languages) Requires Linguist
There’s no “mainstream” language you can’t read or speak, and there’s no need to pick languages as you normally would. You may use your usual language “slots” to read and speak languages you have no business having learned, such as languages from long-dead races or ancient civilizations.
Your slots remain increased by the Linguist stunt, so someone with Average (+1) Languages and these two stunts can speak every normal language in her civilization plus six (1+5) very unusual ones.
Multicast (-1) Requires two other power stunts
You can affect one additional target per shift generated; you don’t have to specify how many targets you’re targeting before making the roll.
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU’RE THE BASELINE (+1)
Description: Pure Humans receive a bonus point of refresh over other races
TOWER WIZARD [MAGERY] (-3)
PERMISSION: An appropriate High Concept which includes one of the four tiers (Ranks) of Wizardry below.
RANKS OF WIZARDRY (Magic Stunts)
- Apprentice (-2): Acceptance by a Master Wizard as an Apprentice. This Master can be either a Tower Wizard or an Academy Professor. Becoming an apprentice requires an appropriate High Concept, but does not require a stunt. Beginning “Wizard” characters begin play as an Apprentice, and may not allocate their Wizardry skill above GREAT (+4)
• Benefits: An Apprentice may cast cantrips, and one specialty spell (+1 to specialty spell effects).
- Wizard (-1): Wizardry skill of at least SUPERB (+5), pass Apprenticeship Gauntlet and take The Wizards’ Oath. The Wizard will be assigned to a Tower Post (if tower trained) or become a Peregrinate Wizard (if academy trained), who performs duties for the Academy and the Order. Requires the purchase of the stunt: Wizard, and must be at a point where the character can change his High Concept Aspect.
• Benefits: A Wizard may cast cantrips (one per rank in the Wizardry skill) and one specialty spell (plus any others purchased with refresh), +2 to all specialty spell effects.
- Purchase the skill Wizardry.
- Spell Preparation: Each day, after at least 8 hours of rest, the wizard spends at least one interrupted hour pouring over his magic tome, preparing his mind with the magical formulae with which to cast his daily spells. This is not spell memorization. The only spells that the wizard need keep in his head are his signature spells.
- Oath of Fealty and Service: This is a three-fold oath. First to one’s master, and second to the liege to whom the wizard has been assigned. The third (and arguably the most important oath) is to the Order (of Grand Masters) of the Tower, a very powerful organization – an oversight committee and police force ( The Borderguard). This is the oath that one takes when one passes his Apprentice Gauntlet..
- Burnout: Power use is exhausting. If a power skill check fails, its skill level temporarily drops by 1. Levels return after a night’s rest.
Manipulate Element (lightning/water/storm)
Description: You can manipulate an already existing quantity of the element. Manipulate Air can draw air from water to breathe underwater; Manipulate Water can condense a tiny amount of water from the air into a cup to drink; Manipulate Fire can create walls of fire to block; Manipulate Earth can open up spaces and passages in solid rock, cause rockfalls, landslides, even earth tremors.
Sometimes this cantrip can be an attack, such as surrounding a person with the element, encasing them in stone, or filling their lungs with water. It can also be a maneuver, placing element-related aspects on a target such as “On Fire”, “Frozen”, “Icy Ground”, or “Shrouded in Smoke”.
This cantrip requires a corresponding amount of the element to work with: it can’t create the element from nothing (you need the Create [Element] stunt for that).
Enhance Element (lightning/water/storm)
Description: You can increase the size or intensity of an existing amount of element by the shifts generated. The difficulty is the current intensity (ie it’s a Fair (+2) difficulty to enhance an intensity 2 fire). Rivers can burst their banks, fires flare up, rocks rise from the ground, winds increase in intensity, nights become pitch dark, and so on.
Diminish Element (lightning/water/storm)
Description: The reverse of Enhance [Element], this trapping causes floodwaters to subside, storms to abate, fires to die down, darkness to lighten.
Project Element (lightning/water/storm)
Description: You can hurl the element at targets as an attack. It’s your choice how this looks – it could be a “breathe fire”-type ability, a fireball, a small fire dart. You can use gusts of wind to blow targets back a zone, hurl slabs of rock, spears of ice, bolts of water, or surround targets with freezing, blinding darkness. Like Manipulate [Element], you need a quantity of already-existing element to work with: to cast a fireball in a dark, dank dungeon, you need to create the fire first, using the Create [Element] stunt, before you can project it.
Resist Element (lightning/water/storm)
Description: You can resist an attack by the element, walk through fire, and so on.
Create Element (lightning/water/storm)
Description: You can create quantities of the element from nothing – a waterfall in a desert, a raging fire in a blizzard, a patch of total darkness under the midday sun. If the quantity created is important, assume it’s enough to place a temporary aspect (“Pool of Water”, “Raging Fire”, “Patch of Darkness”) on the current zone. You can use any of the cantrips or stunts with the element created.
SEVERE: [Physical] USELESS LEFT ARM [In Recovery]